- Coloniality, Regimes of Disposability and COVID19 on the African Continent (In Progress)
- Resisting Regimes of Disposability: Organizing Against Anti-Blackness Across Global-Local Boundaries (In Progress)
- Wallerstein on Global Inequality and Economic Stratification: Reconfiguring Modern Development (In Progress for The Anthem Companion to Immanuel Wallerstein. e.d Chamsy el-Ojeili and Patrick Hayden. Wiley.
- Rethinking African Underdevelopment in World Historical Perspective (In Progress)
- Collective Behavior and Social Movements in Small-Scale Societies (With Christopher Chase-Dunn and Levin E. Welch) (pdf working paper to appear in The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Social & Political Movements. Eds.David Snow, Donatella della Porta and Doug McAdam)
- The Evolution of Racism and Othering. (In Progress with Christopher Chase-Dunn and Eugene Anderson). Paper Accepted to Special Session at the 113th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association. (pdf working paper)
- Methods in Structural Globalization. (In Progress with Christopher Chase-Dunn and Hiroko Inuoe). (pdf working paper)
- Conceptualizing Global Class Formation In An Era of Precarity.
- Beyond the Long Twentieth Century: China in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Changing Dynamics of the World-System. IROWS Working Paper #106.(http://irows.ucr.edu/papers/irows106/irows106.htm); Beyond the Long Twentieth Century part 2