And Professional Activities
Editorial Assistant: Work in Progress Blog (American Sociological Association) (2018/2019).
Committee Member: Black Studies at UCR Initiative (2020 to present).
Committee Member: Organizing/Scientific Committee for International Conference on Past, Present and Future Africa-Asia Relations (2017 to 2019).
Copy-editor: Journal of World Systems Research (2016 to present).
Reviewer: Historical Materialism Journal; Journal of World Systems Research (2017 to present); Sociology of Development (2018 to present); Palgrave Communications (2018); International Journal of Comparative Sociology (2019 to present)
Conference Panels and Sessions Organized
- Contending Models of World Order: Hegemony, Tianxia, Global Caliphate and Beyond. Paper Session at the International Studies Association. March 2020. Conference Canceled due to COVID19.
- The “Other”, Global Inequalities, and Race (with Prof. Chase-Dunn). Special Session at the American Sociological Association’s Annual Meeting. August 2018
- Round-table Session Organizer for the American Sociological Association Section on Political Economy of the World System. August 2017.
- Chinese Outward Investments in Southeast Asia: Development for Whom? Transformations Where? Association for Asian Studies 2017 Annual Conference. March 2017.
- Development, Inequality and Hierarchy: Regional and Global Aspects. 41st Annual Meeting of the Social Science History Association. Chicago, IL. November 2016.
- China in the Global South: Perspectives on the Geography of Development. (with Alvin A. Camba) Annual Meeting of American Association of Geographers. San Francisco, CA. April 2016.
- China and the Global South. (with Alvin A. Camba) Annual Meeting of the Pacific Sociological Association. Oakland, CA. March/April 2016.
- China and the Global South: Perspectives on Development. (with Alvin A. Camba). Annual Meeting of the Eastern Sociological Society. Boston, MA. March 2016.